19 July 2010

Weekend Getaway

So the second scheduled field trip of the month was a success. We went to the lake house. For Ruby's sake we brought along a brand spankin' new sprinkler that propels balls into the air using a jet of water. It's pretty cool.



Look at my awesome new sprinkler!!!


Then we went canoeing in a lake with jet skis and power boats pulling tubers and water skiers. That was an adventure. The whole time Ruby said we were looking for treasure and a pirate ship. She even brought along a treasure map.


Look Mom! Like Dora!



We had a pretty good time. Very relaxing.

Ten Things that I learned on this trip:
1. I am good a canoeing.
2. Being around water relaxes me.
3. I love driving around trying to find cool stuff in strange places.
4. I still love my daughter's laugh.
5. My daughter has no fear.
6. My husband and I passed the dreaded canoeing/communication test with flying colors.
7. Hippies can't make sandwiches.
8. I love my bed.
9. I love my family.
10. Everything is going to be all right.

No comments:

Post a Comment