11 July 2010

July Syllabus

July. My birth month. My Month. Starts with independence, parades, and fireworks. Has some grilling, cherries, berries, sun and family fun in the middle. Ends with presents and a celebration of me and all of my awesomeness.
Okay, so I like July. Realistically. It's hot, humid and almost always end up with a sunburn, but hey...it's summer and that's how it's supposed to be.

Whitewater WI 4th of July Parade





Field trips scheduled for this month:
I am determined to go Blueberry picking. There are some farms west of us and a little south. That may happen next weekend but we'll see. There's really only a month worth of Blueberry season and it's been open a week now. Pressure is on people.

We'll be taking another trip to J's parents summer house, on a lake in Wisconsin. We went for a big family gathering for the Fourth of July weekend. We all had a great time. No phone, no internet, no TV. That's what I'll be doing in honor of my birthday. A nice quiet family getaway to bond as a family. How nice is that?

"Hi Grandpa, do you like parades too?"



On to the Syllabus:

Personal Project for July

Since I went through all my magazines last month and now have a mags worth of recipes I'm interested in trying, I feel like I need to put them together somehow. Organize them. Maybe in a binder of some kind. Though not a binder because I think that's ugly. This project will take a trip to the office supply store to check out my options.

House Project for July

Finish the curtains, hang them in the kitchen window. Find new desk, table, workspace to make cooking dinner with Ruby, safer, easier and more fun. Maybe some new pot holders and an apron.

Group Goal for July - Exercise/Activity

I want to get out, once a week, all three of us and walk, bike, play lawn games, kick a soccer ball, or even just my Roo's favorite game of 'runa round.' Acceptable activities include going to the botanic gardens, walking in the forest preserves. Going to a field park and kicking the soccer ball for at least and hour. I know J and I aren't getting enough activity and I'm starting to think Roo would be a little more compliant sometimes if she was a little more worn out toward the end of the day.
To encourage this goal, I am instituting a no TV on Sunday, before 6pm, policy. If I said all day, J and I would never get to watch our shows together. We barely have time to now and we really enjoy the time together.

I am continuing the cleaning schedule I cam up with last month. Seems to work well. I'm also going to continue to try and not throw out leftovers. Speaking of leftovers, Menu to follow.

"Ruby loves swimming and Grandma"

No comments:

Post a Comment