27 July 2010

Menu Monday: Back to Business (Tuesday)

So it was going to be posted yesterday but I was having computer issues, and head-desk issues. So without further ado: 

Okay - enough savoring my birthday week and time to go back to cooking actual meals, not just skating by on grilling a protein and steaming some veggies. It's been hot, so I haven't been wanting to cook, but I'm pretty sure I'm legally obligated to feed my daughter so I've been forcing myself to do so. So, Sunday she and I both went to the farmers market to get inspiration. I let her point to some cherries, "brown grapes" in her language. I'm going to can those bad boys based on this post. I want summer in a jar in the middle of winter, too.
She also pointed to eggplants and asked if they were chocolate. Then looked only more confused when I said they were eggplant. I also got some Yukon gold potatoes, apricots, and grape tomatoes "sweeter than a mother's smile," according to the farmer's sign. I didn't end up cooking the pulled pork last week because of a scheduling error. I ended up being the only one home on Friday so I had Indian food instead. So it's in the slow-cooker for tonight.

Monday - BBQ Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Oven baked green beans
Tuesday - Mexican Eggplant Casserole with tortillas and re-fried black beans
Wednesday -  Turkey Spaghetti Bolognase and Snap Peas
Thursday - Grilled Parmesan Chicken Skewers over Vegetable Couscous
Friday - Family Pizza Making Night (zucchini, bacon and mushrooms)
Saturday - Leftovers night
Sunday - Farmer's market surprise probably involving the grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment