11 July 2010

Menu Monday and a PSA

 Public Service Announcement: 
From now on Brine your Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts. 
If you choose not to listen to me, fine. Your loss. I have recently started to brine them and I now feel as though I have been missing out on delicious, moist, flavorful chicken breast my whole life. No more rubber protein source for me thank you very much. Next week I'll be trying it with Pork chops. Yum.


As for this week:
 
Monday - Fish and Chips (Oven roasted potato wedges) with Peas
(didn't have these Saturday as we ate at J's parents cabin that night)
Tuesday - Grilled Chicken, Black beans and Rice, Carrots with honey and lime.
Wednesday - Turkey Chili Cottage Fries
Thursday - Caesar Pasta Salad with broiled Chicken breasts
Friday - Date night cook-in (edit:Sandwiches and a "Lost" marathon)
Saturday - Papa-Grill Hot Dogs, and 'Mac an Cheese' (A Ruby request)
Sunday - Farmer's market bounty mystery meal
Edit: Grilled Peaches and Pork Chops, Sugar snap peas and beerbread


Nothing too exciting. We're pretty much at the mercy of my fridge and pantry until Friday when we can go grocery shopping. Still sounds pretty acceptable, though. Yay me for my stocked supplies!

No comments:

Post a Comment