28 June 2010

S is for Summer Squash Spectacular

Sunday was Farmer's market day and it was a scary, blustery, raining mess. Then for about an hour between ten and eleven the clouds parted and the Universe granted me my Earl Grey tea, Slice of Galette de Rois from my favorite nun, and this week a special guest to market day, my Husband, J. Because the weather was so fowl, We were able to get a lot of great deals. For example instead of the normal 2 for $8 cherry pints, I was begged to take 2 for $6. Twist my arm. A GIANT perfectly ripened candy-sweet cantaloupe the size of two chain store sized melons for $4. Then for $3, I was encouraged to fill a bag of random summer squashes and zucchinis and cucumbers.I was not going to pass that up, and I didn't.
So, Here are some front runners for what to do with my excess of squash.

Courtesy of Martha Stewart Two-Colored Squash Loaf Cake
From Kitchen Daily Zucchini Moussaka
From All Recipes Calabacitas con Elote
From Epicurious Baked Zucchini Fries with Tomato Coulis

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment