28 June 2010

Second First Anniversary and a Menu Monday

So Sunday was our First Wedding Anniversary. Saturday night we had Ruby stay the night with her grandparents so that J and I could enjoy a night out to dinner and some time to ourselves. We decided that would be the night we'd stop trying NOT to have a child. So we'll see.
I should be registering for classes soon for the Fall semester. Looking over the courses, they are as necessary as boring as they sound. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.
Things are moving along nicely for the month of June. With two and a half days to go, I still need to make the curtains for the kitchen. When talking to J about it he said that I should give myself a one-day extension due to the last needle on my sewing machine breaking when I was 3/4 of the way done with my bag project. If I need it I'll take it.

I did not clean the hood vents in the kitchen in bathroom last week, so first thing after the post, that's what I'll do. 
Floors were vacuumed. Dishes were done. No leftovers wasted, week 3. Farmer's Market visited and came home with some lovely cantaloupe and a giant bag full of patty pan, zucchini, round zucchini, cucmbers, and yellow squash. I'll have to investigate some squash recipes.

So for this weeks menu:

Monday - Teriyaki Chicken Stir-fry with Pineapple and Noodles
Tuesday - Chorizo, Red Pepper, and Rice Stuffed Round Zucchini Squashes with Quesadilla for the Roo.
Wednesday - Pizza night, bacon, mushroom, and yellow squash a family favorite
Thursday - Sweet Corn Pasta Salad with fresh sweet corn from the farmers market
Friday - Date night with Grilled Burgers and pasta salad, probably some grilled zucchini.
Saturday - Fish and Chips with Peas
Sunday - Fourth of July Family BBQ at J's Parents Summer House.

No comments:

Post a Comment