08 June 2010

June Projects

I will start this post with a review of my May project.




I made this, kinda.



This dress makes me thirsty




 Here's the back.





Hulk ANGRY!!!


This was my first attempt. I didn't have as much fabric as per the instructions so it came out a lot more casual than the example. For Ruby, it may end up being a good thing. She's a puddle-jumping, mud-wallowing, grassy hill-sliding machine. I do have plans for making more but I think I'm going to try for a ruffle skirt next time.


This month my personal project includes making a new bag for myself. A cute little summer bag for toting around water bottles, fruit snacks, hat racks...you know, the essentials.

My house project will be new curtains for the kitchen. I have a cute white fabric with embroidered cherries on it that is screaming out to become curtains and possible matching oven mitts and or towel trim. Since I've picked red as an accent color that will at least narrow down the main color. Maybe I'll just keep the room white. I do have grand plans for the kitchen redo. Originally that was my project for the month but since I'm starting the month a week late I figured I'd space it over two months.

Goal for the month: NO THROWING AWAY LEFTOVERS!!!
I'm so tired of doing that. It makes me feel bad for wasting for AND I may as well be throwing money away. Actually I guess I really am throwing money away when I throw away food that is no longer edible. The shame. I look forward to coming up with creative new ways of using them or even just scaling back what I prepare. Maybe I'll even look into doing more batch cooking now that my freezer has more real estate available.
Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment