21 June 2010

Father's Day Recap

This was one of those rare weeks when we reached our yearly quota for hosting family and friends in one weekend. We had a very good time. Ruby loved seeing her grandparents and her five year old cousin. They went to Legoland. We painted pictures together. We even played marching band as documented above. One big lesson I learned this weekend was that it seemed easier to parent with two kids around. Granted I'm not saying it is always easier, but the dynamic changed. Instead of feeling like I was constantly at war with my arch nemesis over dyer issues like picking up toys and wearing pants, I felt like the one in charge. For the first time ever I really felt like two kids wouldn't be so bad.

For Father's day this year, J wanted to take Ruby swimming at a fun indoor pool with zero depth entry and a water-play ground. We had a blast. Sunday was the day everyone left for home, so after 11am we were a small boring family again and free to relax and enjoy each others company. All in all a great week.

On to the accountability portion:

1. All cleaning was done according to the schedule.
2. Laundry was even done on Saturday morning and folded/put away by J.  
   Thanks sweetie.
3. The meal plan was altered slightly. We didn't have tacos last week because we had leftovers to eat. All other meals were prepared and devoured.
4. No work on June projects has been started. Thinking about starting later today, but not holding my breath.

No farmer's market as my refrigerator is still overflowing with food waiting to be prepared and eaten.
Today Ruby and I made Banana-walnut-chocolate chip muffins, for breakfast. While the oven was hot I threw together a strawberry-rhubarb crumble for later tonight.

I have been reading. Last week I managed to read Bones of the Moon by Jonathan Carroll. A great short read. I've moved on the The Land of Laughs also by Carroll.
Today is shaping up to be a nice lazy day at home with my baby girl.

Blog post to-do list for the next month:
  1. Father's Day craft project
  2. Product Review - Mission Fig Goat Milk Ice Cream
  3. Second, First Wedding Anniversary
  4. Making the curatins
  5. Momma's got a brand new bag.
  6. Preserving Apricots - Roman style
  7. Blueberries and birthdays
Project of the week - Cleaning the kitchen ceiling and the hood vents in bathroom and kitchen.

Menu to follow.
 

1 comment:

  1. Momma's got a brand new bag.
    You crack me up!

    Glad you are enjoying the Carroll. We should chat.

    ReplyDelete