14 June 2010

Menu Monday

This weeks menu is brought to us by my local Farmer's market.
I LOVE farmer's markets. I especially love my little town's because all the growers are so small and cute. Especially in the early harvest season. Some of the booths have one item now but will have thirty by the end of summer. I love being able to see the change, from lean to bountiful. I also love grocery store rarities like English peas in the pod and local red currants.

Yes, Roo has gnawed off the bottom of the letter 'p'. For your information, that many pea pods yield that many peas(approximately a 1/2 cup and I bought what they had labeled a quart). They will be starring in Monday's dinner courtesy of Martha Stewart.

On with the meal plan:

Monday - Creamy Pasta with Peas, Arugula, and Pine Nuts
Tuesday - Chili-rubbed Steak Tacos with Snap Pea and Radish Salad
Wednesday - Grilled Chicken with Mango Salsa and Edamame Coconut Jasmine Rice
Thursday - Eating out
Friday - BBQ Chicken, Potato Salad, Grilled Asparagus
This is the same BBQ chicken from last week that never got cooked
Saturday - Eating Out
Sunday - Father's Day (Yet to be decided, but will consist of a brunch and dinner since Ruby has a Daddy and a Papa)

At some point this week I have currants to use. I'm wanting to make a very European style tart.
I also have some rhubarb and the sweetest, smallest, beautiful strawberries I have ever tasted and seen.
Did I mention how much I love the Farmer's market?

No comments:

Post a Comment