30 August 2010

Menu Monday and September: A Preview

That's right! Two, count them two, posts for the price of one. So with one more day until September I am already booked up with things to do until the 13th. Every year around this time I cook a large feast for the SCA group I play with, occasionally. This year is big one. I chose to do a historical documented late period Roman feast. (300-400 C.E.) We're talking end of the Roman Empire, Hello Visigoths! They still ate like the Romans. I mean who wouldn't? After doing all of my research, my conclusion is that they didn't eat much differently than we did and even had fast food places and street vendors. They couldn't even go to their midday bath at the bath house unless they knew there would be snacks.
Anyway, that basically means I'm going to be doing a lot of prepping and I'm making feast my official personal project of the month. I'm already half way done with the papier-mache pig.
Later in the month Ruby will be going to her grandparents house in Kentucky for the first time, sans parents. During which time J and I will be taking off of work and getting the house in order. Purging, painting, rearranging - All good things to accomplish before the winter hits and we go into hibernation. Yes. We are bears. That will be this months home-improvement project.
Also starting on the 2nd, my online courses for my business degree. I've already checked it out. Looks pretty fast paced which I'm happy about. I was a little worried it'd be a little too independent. I definitely know by now that I am a student that needs clear deadlines and assignments. I never liked having to be somewhere at a specific time so online classes seem like a perfect match for me. Thus, the third and final project for September. Don't fret. In October I will return to my normal crafty self. Here's a visual of one of the projects now.

Think two round chair pillows strapped at the shoulder. Cause that's what it is and they're charging 60 bucks for it.

 This weeks menu is still a work in progress because my shopping schedule has been thrown off due to a Sunday sausage-making session. So I will leave some blanks to be filled in after the shopping is done on Wednesday.

Monday: Pan-fried rice cakes, Scrambled eggs, scallions, bacon.
Tuesday: Turkey meatloaf, mashed cauliflower-potatoes, green beans (never made it last week)
Wednesday: Pumpkin hummus, spinach-yogurt dip, pita bread, roasted chickpeas
Thursday:  Brine treated BLSL Chicken Breast, Farro-sotto (feast recipe try out) except with celery and parsnips, Peas.
Friday: TBD
Saturday: TBD
Sunday: TBD

No comments:

Post a Comment